Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies with Almond Flour are a great wheat alternative for those wanting to avoid inflammatory foods.
Finding yummy gluten free and grain free cookies can be hard especially ones the kids will love! This recipe is a true favourite in our home the kids love them and so easy to make!!
Makes: 30 medium sized cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar
- 3 tbsp raw organic honey
- 2 large organic free range eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla essence (alternative options)
- 3 cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp seaweed salt
- 1 cup cocoa wafers or nibs, chopped
1. Preheat over at 180 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. On a food processor, cream butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla until all mixed through and smooth.
3. Add almond meal and coconut flour, baking soda, seaweed salt and mix until combined. Scrap down sides of bowl if required. Mix again briefly.
4. Stir in cocao pieces by hand.
5. Use a spoon to scoop biscuit size balls of mixture onto the lined trays and press. Cookies will remain in similar shape to what they are before going into oven.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.