Lime and coconut bites are a yummy and fun recipe to try at home. Making healthy raw treats for the kids sure beats nasty processed, high refined sugar foods that destroy their health. The kids enjoy helping you make them and when they get involved are much more likely to eat them.
Having the ability to make simple and healthy treats for the family is so wonderful. It has always been our goal to feed the kids real wholefoods and it is so nice to know that they don’t have to miss out on the yummy treats just because we are not favourable of processed foods.
Typically you will find preservatives, refined sugar, colours, and flavours in processed foods and this is why we choice to make our own. Need help identifying additives we have a free guide that helped us on our journey.
Our homemade coconut and lime bites recipe has only 5 ingredients which makes it a really quick treat to whip up. We store it in the freezer as it is nice and firm this way but if you prefer it softer you can store it in the fridge.
Try and source organic ingredients so to avoid herbicides and pesticides such as glyphosate.
Lime and Coconut Bites Recipe
You will need:
- 2 Cups Organic Desiccated or Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Organic Honey or Sweetener of your Choice
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 drops of doTERRA Lime Essential Oil
How to do it:
- Combine all Ingredients in food processer.
- Once combined remove and form small rectangles in a lined tin.
- Store in freezer for 30min before eating.
We really hope you enjoy this coconut and lime recipe. If you are looking for more homemade treats to try check out our homemade recipe book. It contains many of our tried and true recipes.