Trying to recreate your favourite LCM bar at home? We have a fun and yummy healthy version for you to try. The kids love this one and its super easy to make.
Having the ability to make simple and healthy treats for the family is so wonderful. It has always been our goal to feed the kids real wholefoods and it is so nice to know that they don’t have to miss out on the yummy treats just because we are not favourable of processed foods.
Typically you will find preservatives, fillers, colours, and flavours in processed foods and this is why we choice to make our own. Need help identifying additives we have a free guide that helped us on our journey.
Our homemade LCM bar recipe has only 4 ingredients which makes it a really quick treat to whip up. We store it in the freezer as it is nice and firm this way but if you prefer it softer you can store it in the fridge.
Try and source organic ingredients so to avoid herbicides and pesticides such as glyphosate.
LCM Bar Recipe
You will need:
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Hulled Tahini
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Honey
- 3/4 Cup Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 5 Organic Rice Cakes Broken Up
How to do it:
- Combine tahini and honey into a mixing bowl
- Add coconut and mix to combine
- Add the broken up rice cakes and combine mixture with spoon or bands (I find hands easier)
- Once well combined press mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper
- Place on freezer to set for a few hours
- Cut into squares and Enjoy!
We really hope you enjoy this recipe. If you are looking for more homemade treats to try check out our homemade recipe book. It contains many of our tried and true recipes.